Linkedin has become a credible application for citizens of the world to create a professional profile. It is mostly used to make one’s profile more appealing for getting or providing job opportunities and to share progress in one’s professional life. The same goes for the company profile.
Given the above rationale, it is evident that users need to edit their profile constantly, and so, in this article, we will highlight the steps to edit the Talks About section on a Linkedin profile.
In a profile of a company, the about section is the most important column as it describes what the company is all about and the company’s current status about its finances, employees, and so forth. The readers are requested to read the following passages for more information.
How to Edit Talks About on LinkedIn on Smartphone?
The “Talks About” section on a LinkedIn profile is a part of the Creator Mode profile feature. Make sure you have the latest version of the Application, if not first update the LinkedIn application.
The following steps must be followed to Edit the “Talks About” section on your LinkedIn profile for users using a smartphone computer:
Step-1: Open the application.
Step-2: Click on your profile picture located on the righ-hand-side upper corner.
Step-3: Click on “View profile.” Your profile appears
Step-4: Now scroll down to “Creator Mode” and click on it
Step-5: Make the changes and click on “Save”
Step-6: Your changes will be saved and updated now.
How to Edit “Talks About” Section on LinkedIn on Desktop?
The following steps must be followed to Edit the “Talks About” section on your LinkedIn profile for users using a desktop computer:
Step-1: Head over to linkedin.com
Step-2: Click on “Me” and the “View Profile”
Step-3: Now scroll down to “Creator Mode” and click on it
Step-4: Now you can easily add or delete your “Talks about” Section from here
Step-5: Make the required changes and Click on the “save”
How to Edit LinkedIn About section in a smartphone?
The following steps must be followed to Edit the “About” section for LinkedIn in a smartphone:
Step-1: Open the application.
Step-2: Click on your profile picture above the “Your story” section.
Step-3: Click on “View profile.” Your profile appears.
Step-4: Scroll down to the “About” section and click on the edit icon.
Step-5: Make the required changes.
Step-6: Click on the “save” option on the right corner.
How to Edit LinkedIn About section on a desktop?
The following steps must be followed to change the about section on the desktop:
Step-1: Visit the LinkedIn website: linkedin.com
Step-2: Sign in to your account.
Step-3: Click on your name.
Step-4: Scroll down to the ‘About” section and click on the edit icon.
Step-5: Make the necessary changes.
Step-6: Click on “save,” and your edited about section will be updated.
Tips to Prepare a Better Linkedin Profile
Managing a Linkedin account is not like managing a social media account, for it is not a platform for users to have a personalized like they have it on facebook. In other words, it is not a platform to socialise to get to know other users. It is a serious application striving to highlight an individual’s career growth, of a group, and so forth. It serves as a portfolio for many companies and individuals.
Linkedin provides every user with a perspective. A perspective to ensure that the associations they are making in the form of connections define their ideology, growth, and the vision they represent as a company or as a user.
Therefore, it becomes important to ensure that the users improve their profile for attracting potential connections and offers to depend upon the nature of their profile. The following points can be helpful for the users to improve the overall outlook of their profile:
- The first thing to do before drafting your profile is to peruse the profile of other users and note how they are describing themselves and their past experiences, i.e., their previous job experiences and so forth. It must be kept in mind that every column mentioned in the description must be filled with an elaborate description to provide enough information to the user scrolling to your profile.
- Always follow the tips provided by the LinkedIn server. The server will send notifications highlighting the requirements to enhance the profile to attract better connections and so forth.
- Take the skill assessment test provided by Linkedin to list it in your profile under the skills section. If you fail to clear the skill assessment test, you can take the free course provided and reappear the test to pass it. The test makes you a better professional with a sound set of skills. The recruiters are always looking for a candidate with a better set of skills.
- Normally, you would witness that the about section of many users has been filled with minimal description, which is inappropriate as per the Linkedin guidelines. The about section must include a detailed note on your past work experiences and explain your present work experience in detail. The more elaborate your about section is, the more chances you have of your profile being visited by the users.
- Make sure that the language used in describing various sections is comprehensive and is void of fancy words which make no sense. Some users tend to use fancy words when there is no requirement as such. Use relevant words only.
- Ensure that the certificates and qualifications you own are listed properly with factual dates and that your additional qualifications like diplomas and internships are also listed. It helps the recruiters to identify the candidate requirements and to make the offer accordingly.
- Constantly update your work profile. A case in point would be promotion, change of company or job position, entering a new work line and so forth. This will create a timeline for your work and will keep the users and the recruiters updated.
- The central thing to do is to make strong connections. You can ask your fellow employees to connect with you, or you can connect with them. Also, you can ask your Team Lead to refer to you in your profile. This can boost up your popularity on Linkedin.