On a planet with a billion people, and a billion minds, the very question of intelligence is a matter of great importance especially in the 21st century.
Therefore, to broaden the scope of our IQ studies, we have come yet again, with an important personality that holds immense power with the services of the company he runs. It is the CEO of Alphabet and Google, Sundar Pichai.
Pichai is the CEO of one of the most important companies in the world and it is under his leadership that the fate of the citizens of the world is dependent. Partially, if not wholly.
This article will provide the IQ of Pichai and will also highlight the characteristics of Pichai which makes him the person he is.
But before we proceed with our study, we need to learn about IQ and its different methods, and therefore, it is advised to the readers to have a look at the article we have written on Elon Musk’s IQ where we go deep into how IQ of a person is calculated.
What is Sundar Pichai’s IQ?
It is estimated that Sundar Pichai’s IQ is about 145. It is almost the same range as it is for Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg and less than Bill Gates. It cannot be suspected that a man of his position will have an IQ of less than 140, after all, he is handling the biggest tech company in the world.
Now that we have established the IQ of Pichai, let us now try to study his characteristics which will throw light on his leadership skills too.
What are the Characteristics of Sundar Pichai?
Sundar Pichai’s success story is perhaps one of the most inspiring one, and a large part of his story comes from the qualities he possesses, therefore, by understanding his character traits, we would be able to make a better sense of his estimated IQ.
The following are the most important leadership qualities which Pichai Possesses:
- Avoiding Conflict: Sundar knows how to handle disputes, and therefore he tries to identify any conflict of interest that may rise between team members, and ensures that the division of work is done adequately, keeping the vested interests of all employees in mind.
It is not just the employees, even external conflicts that may have risen were avoided tactically by him maintaining the goodwill of Google intact and resolving the issues that may have risen at any rate.
- Eye for better managers: Sundar has been always complimented for choosing the right team managers that understand the stakes involved and are also as passionate as he is for every project that is a key in elevating the preciseness of the algorithm and so forth. One interesting thing to notice is that he has an eye for those employees who are actually good in their field, and also identifies with the politics that goes around various teams concerning the team lead or managers.
- Empathetic: Sundar is concerned about the people’s working conditions and provides the basis for ensuring that nobody faces any kind of discomfort in the Google headquarters, be it from the managing team or his own behaviour to any target or grievance redressal. He is liked and respected by every person working at Google, as was said by the VP of the company.
- Good Teacher: This is perhaps one of the most important qualities of Pichai as he is able to explain his ideas to his team members comprehensively. He knows what he precisely wants and also knows how it should be told to the project managers which further helps in the smooth execution of the projects.
- Patient Listener: When most leaders are known to tell people what to do, he is the opposite. He listens and listens patiently, and engages with the ideas of other people and also takes in a lot of advice and suggestions and uses them in his decision making process. No wonder why the people working at Google like him so much.
Now that we have established the characteristics of Sundar Pichai, we can proceed with our study by trying to answer as to why it is important to know what his IQ and qualities are.
Sundar Pichai’s IQ and Leadership Qualities
It is important to know Sundar Pichai’s IQ because he is leading a company that is going to be directly responsible for all the changes that come with algorithms and AI to the world.
It will hold immense power in the future with the range of products it is developing like that of the automated cars etc.
It is at the epicentre of all kinds of technological advancements, especially when looked from the lenses of the impact the Google search engine has had on its users.
The change it is predicting to bring through its advancements is a matter of great concern, and therefore, the person in charge of such an important company must have some qualities that are more humane and fundamental to the survival of human beings and not the opposite. This is why it is important to study the IQ and leadership qualities of Pichai.
In other words, as the world is moving towards automation, the common citizens who are far away from the technological changes need a company that is not predatory but a company that understands the problems and is capable of adapting as per the policies of various governments for the betterment of the citizens at large.
But again, it is just an opinion, the reality will obviously be different in years to come.
Now, let us conclude with one of the anticipated questions of the IQ series.
Is Sundar Pichai a Genius?
The answer is an obvious no. It is so because he didn’t actually invent anything, but he is smart enough to understand the business part of the search engine and the technical aspects of it. He didn’t discover anything that changed the world forever.
However, he has a responsibility on his shoulders that can change the world forever in the years to come.