Social media surround us all, and it has become a crucial part of our life. The world population is around 7.7 billion, and social media has 3.2 billion users. Well, which is almost half of the human population. People use this platform for socializing, sharing ideas, connecting new personals, sell and market new and old products.
Users have been able to create their unique world within social media. Users who want to create accounts do it according to their preferences. Entering personal details is a time-consuming activity, so users prefer existing profile details to create a new account.
For example, Facebook credentials are used to create an Instagram account. Being products of the same company, the company itself promotes such logins.
Here we will be discussing the major social media giants such as Facebook and Instagram. Product siblings do come with their perks and cons.
Facebook login has become a standard login for many platforms. Earlier it used to be mail id now, most social media or merchant platforms ask for Facebook login.
That can be not very pleasant to many as some may want to keep their Facebook profile private, not linked with any other platforms, or maybe because the user doesn’t have an account.
You might have signed up using Facebook and now regretting the decision, and I might be able to help in this situation. This article discusses how you can disable “login with Facebook” Instagram account.
We would be covering:
- How to Disable a “Login with Facebook” Instagram Account
- How to Delete your Instagram Account
Disable a “Login with Facebook” Instagram Account
To disable an Instagram account that has been made with Facebook we have to first Unlink the Instagram account from Facbook. Follow the steps below.
How to Unlink Instagram and Facebook?
Please note that you can’t do that on Facebook. Let’s see how it is done.
- Open Instagram and then go to Profile
- Then click on Hamburger Menu/three dashes
- Select settings and scroll down and Click on Account Center
- Now click on “Logging in with Accounts”
- The Account Center would have all the accounts to which you have linked the username.
- Select the profile and turn off Instagram. By default, Instagram or any profile of that matter would be on.
- After that, click “remove from account center “and continue.
Here you go. Your account has been unlinked. Now let’s disable your Instagram temporarily.
How to Disable “Login With Facebook” Instagram Account?
To temporarily disable your Instagram account you will need to access Instagram on a browser can be either smartphone or a computer, as the disable option is not present on the smartphone application. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open your browser on a computer or smartphone and go to instagram.com and login with your credentials.
- If you don’t remember your password you will have to first reset your password.
- Now that you are inside your account, click on your Profile(right-hand-side upper corner) and click on “Settings”
- Scroll down and click on “Temporarily disable my account” on the bottom of the page
- Now you will be asked a reason why you are disabling you Instagram account and the password. Select any reason and enter the password.
- Then click on “Temporarily Disable Account” button
Now you have successfully temporarily disabled you Instagram account. You account information like the post/reels will be hidden from everyone else on the platform. In case you want to delete your Instagram permanently follow the steps we mentioned below.
You Might Also Like | Why is Telegram Not As Popular As WhatsApp?
How to Permanently Delete your Instagram Account?
To delete your Instagram account follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the the page to delete your Instagram account If you’re not already logged in and you are required to log in.
- You must select the reason you want to delete your account. They’ve listed a variety of reasons to remove your account. To help you prepare I’ll list a few of them:
- Create an account for a brand new one.
- Too many advertisements
- Stopping social media
- Privacy concerns
4. You can pick from the above options and will be obliged to enter your password. Select delete account.
5. Once you’ve removed your Instagram account Instagram is allowed to wait 30 days before your content will be removed. To completely delete the content you have uploaded, this could take between 90 and 120 days. Then, it would be accessible in the server backup.
Instagram can also delete your account when you have violated community guidelines, and if they have deleted your account, you can’t use the same username for creating a new account. So let’s take a peek at what are these community guidelines :
- Intellectual Property: you should be the sole owner of the content you post online
- Appropriate imaginary: content you post shouldn’t be inappropriate.
- Spam: sending unwanted or disturbing communication to users.
- Your post shouldn’t contain any hate or ill language regarding caste, creed, religion, culture, ethnicity, gender identity, disease, differently able.
After you delete your account, users can use the same user name for creating an account. But if the user has violated Instagram community guidelines and has his account deleted, the user can’t use the same user name.
You Might Also Like | How to Take a Break From Instagram Without Deleting Your Account?
Community guidelines are essential for any public platform. It takes care of public feelings. And it is also used to maintain the trust between the user and the developer.
So before a new account is created user is subjected to agree to all the community guidelines violation of those guidelines would result in the deletion of the profile. So what are those guidelines
- Users aren’t supposed to comment post offensive comments regarding caste creed or any of those sensitive matters
- Users mustn’t post about pornography or over graphical images
- User must be above 13 years
- Users mustn’t send spam SMS to other users and create disturbance to others.
Hope this article was helpful to you. Subscribe to our newsletter. See you with a new topic.