Social media is very much part of our life, and we use them to interact with our friends, family, and even co-workers. Most of the social media platforms are workspaces for many users. They use the platform for selling and marketing products and services.
We all know that leading social media giants Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger are siblings. Now talking about Instagram and Facebook, most users create a login for Instagram with a Facebook Id, because Instagram asks for Facebook credentials not only to be logged in but also to create an account, this is very helpful to many users as it saves the majority of the time.
In this article, we will discuss How can You delete an Instagram account made with Facebook.
So let’s see some issues that user face when Facebook is linked to Instagram
- Double notification from Instagram and Facebook, which is quite annoying sometimes, isn’t it?
- You won’t have a proper password or proper username. You will be using the account information of Facebook.
So before we move on to our topic, you must know that: If you log in to your Instagram through Facebook, it will be good if you unlink both accounts. Don’t worry, and I got you covered in this article on how to unlink your Facebook and Instagram accounts.
we will discuss the following:
- Basic about Instagram
- How to unlink your account from Facebook?
- How to delete your Instagram account linked to your Facebook?
Did you know: there are nearly a 3.5billion active social media users? The world population is 7.7billion, so we have half the world on social media.
Basics About Instagram
Facebook has been the leader in the social media domain since 2004; Instagram was a challenge to Facebook, a majority of the users were trying Instagram, and they loved it. Facebook bought Instagram in 2012. Since then, Facebook has been able to take a chunk of the social media market. Instagram is now one of the leading social media platforms.
You Might Also Like | How to Take a Break From Instagram Without Deleting Your Account?
You will find some interesting facts about Instagram in this article throughout, through Did you know session, so don’t miss them out.
Did you know: Facebook has 2.7billion users worldwide. That is approximately 60% of social media users.
How to Unlink Your Instagram Account From Facebook?
There are two processes you have to undergo to unlink your Instagram account from Facebook completely. Before discussing them, users must understand, you can’t unlink your account using Facebook. Changes have to be made through the Instagram account.
- Go to the menu on the Instagram app
- Select settings and scroll down, and you will find the account centre
- Click on the account centre, and it consists of all the accounts linked with Facebook.
- Click on profile under account centre.
- Click Instagram and turn sync profile info “OFF”. By default, the sync profile would be ON.
- Then click on remove from accounts centre and click continue.
Thereby your Instagram and Facebook accounts are now unlinked.
Did you know: Instagram has 1 billion users, and half the users check the platform daily.
Now deleting data:
- Go to settings on the phone
- Go to apps
- There you would find Instagram. Click on it
- Select storage
- Now click delete data.
Did you know: almost 71% of Instagram users are millennials.
You might have noticed some posts would still be available on Facebook even though data has been deleted from Instagram. This is because you were permitted to share your post between both platforms. You have to remove the post manually, but the process is slightly different for pc and mobile. Let’s get you updated on those as well.
Follow these steps for Android/IOS phone
- Go to profile, and then you will find photos below “what’s on your mind”.
- Click on albums
- Inside the album, you will find the folder named Instagram.
- You have to select and delete the photos individually; for that, click on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- There will be a delete photo option. Click it.
If you have more than a few photos, then it is recommended to use a desktop computer.
Follow the steps on your PC
Irrespective of the operating system you use, the process for deleting photos is the same.
- Go to Facebook.com and Login
- Go to profile, then select more tabs.
- Various heads like timeline, about, friends, photos would be there. Click on photos > click albums > select Instagram photos.
- The folder can be completely deleted by clicking on the three dots on the right-hand upper corner of the folder. Confirm, and voila, your photos are now deleted.
Once you have deleted the data and unlinked your account make sure you remember your Instagram password, as you might be logged out of the linked accounts.
How to Delete Your Instagram Account that’s Linked with Facebook?
After you have unlinked your Facebook and Instagram accounts, we shall proceed to delete your Instagram account.
- Open Instagram on your web browser. You can’t delete your account using your mobile app version.
- Go to Delete Instagram Account Page, if you are not logged in, you will be asked to login
- You are required to select a reason for deleting your account. They have listed a lot of reasons for deleting your account. Just to prepare yourself, I will list some of them :
- To create a new account.
- Too many ads
- Break from social media
- Privacy issues
4. So you can choose among the above and are required to enter your password. Select delete account.
5. Once you have deleted your account, Instagram will wait for 30 days and all your content will be deleted. For completely deleting your content, it will take up to 90 days. Till then, It would be available on the backup server.
Did you know: users spend an average of 53 minutes on Instagram daily
Once you delete your account, you can use the same credentials to create a new account.
Instagram can delete your account if you have violated community guidelines, and if they have deleted your account, you can’t use the same username for creating an account. So let’s take a peek at what are these community guidelines :
- Intellectual Property: you should be the sole owner of the content you post online
- Appropriate imaginary: content you post shouldn’t contain inappropriate, extreme graphics, etc.
- Spam: sending unwanted or disturbing messages to users.
- Your post should not contain any hate or ill language regarding caste, creed, religion, culture, ethnicity, gender identity, disease, differently abled.
Another concern for users: will Facebook also be deleted if I delete Instagram, which is linked to it? Well, be at peace. Even if you delete your Instagram account linked to your Facebook or vice versa, nothing will happen to your other account. They both are independent apps.
You Might Also Like | Discord Account Disabled? | Here’s How to Raise an Appeal
So I hope I have answered your queries. For the latest updates, do subscribe to our newsletter.