Well yes, you can attend two Zoom meetings at the same time. This article would help you join two meetings at the same time, so without many due let’s get to the topic.
Fun fact- the concept of Zoom was given birth when the founders wanted a platform for meetings because they hated travelling.
How to Join Two Zoom Meetings Simultaneously?
To be able to join multiple meetings at a time, you need to access Zoom on a browser instead of the Zoom application on your computer or smartphone. To join two meetings you first have to join a meeting by:
- Open Zoom desktop client and click on join.
- Click the URL, this will help you to join a meeting.
- Now click zoom.us/join and you are required to enter the meeting id
So this is the basic step to join any meeting, by this path you can join additional meetings. You must manually enter the meeting id on zoom.us/join, and zoom will automatically launch the meeting window.
For any assistance you can contact the zoom support they will help you in 3 business days. So it is better to prepare for the meeting a week before.
Host: How to Enable Joining Two Meetings at the Same Time?
With the pandemic, online meetings have been the only option for the team members to communicate, there are times where members need to communicate with two teams members at the same time. Thus the need of attending two zoom meetings at the same time come into the picture.
Zoom does allow its user to attend two meetings at the same time for its Business, Enterprise, or Education account. Let’s see how it is done. The user needs to note that you can’t host two meetings at the same time with one Licence, but can only attend two meetings at the same time.
- Sign in to your zoom account it is better to do this on a computer
- Once you logged in, on the navigation panel you will find account management-click on it then click on account settings
- In account settings click on the meeting tab
- There you will find in meeting as basic, you have to enable join different meetings simultaneously.
- Usually, the tab would be disabled in default, so after you turn the nob to enable dialogue box will appear to verify the change.
- To make this change permanent for all the users in the account( and it is optional to do), look for the lock icon and click on it.
This way you can enable to join multiple meetings at the same time. Users must note that the mic and speaker can only be used for a meeting at a time.
If you wish to speak to a member in another meeting then you must turn off the mic and speaker at your present meeting and use them for the next one. If you wish to change the setting for a group then the following steps can be followed.
The following step is only applicable if you have created the Zoom account after August 21, 2021. So let us see how it is done.
- Sign in to your zoom account through any browser. The login should be that of an admin which gives the user the advantage of making necessary changes to your account.
- On the navigation channel select user management and within that select group management.
- You will find all the groups linked to the account select the appropriate group from the list, now click the settings tab.
- Within settings, tab click meeting tab, now similar to user settings enable meetings from basic to join different meetings simultaneously on desktop. As previously mentioned the tab would be disabled.
- Note: if the lock icon is coloured grey that indicates the option is locked at the account level and that needs to be changed.
Fun fact- in the year 2019 zoom has been named the best video conferencing software.
Hope this article was useful for you and your teammates. To subscribe to our newsletter for more updates. For any queries, you can leave a comment on the comment session one of our team members would be happy to assist you.