Now on this session of our How-to series, we will stroll you through how to delete a Reddit account easily and permanently, but before we get into the topic of deleting your Reddit account, let me tell you what the internet site clearly is earlier than they determine to depart it.
It’s an extraordinary supply of facts on quite a whole lot of each discipline of expertise regarded to humanity. You can browse through the large stack of subreddits of something that catches your fancy. There’s a subreddit for each hobby imaginable, from the dull to the ridiculous. Even if you don’t locate the proper subreddit, you may begin your own.
Reddit doesn’t permit its users to briefly disable their accounts. Once you delete your Reddit account it’s gone forever, besides all of your favourite links. It doesn’t permit you a grace period to return back again and repair your account, like Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
So now let’s get to it, shall we?
How to delete a Reddit Account on a Desktop PC?
The entire process of deleting your Reddit account on a desktop PC or a mac will involve 5 steps, to keep this process smooth, open a new tab on your browser and keep referring to this article as you are following the below-mentioned steps.
In the first step of the process, log in to your Reddit account with your user id and password. If you have forgotten your login credentials, click on forgot password to reset your password.
2. Go to Settings
Clcik on “Profile” located on the top-right corner then go over to the drop-down menu, click on the User Settings option.
3. Keep Scrolling
Keep on scrolling withinside the Account tab till you attain the Deactivate Account section.
4. Click on Deactivate
Click the Deactivate Account button to mention goodbye to your Reddit Account. In the pop-up Feed Settings menu, Reddit will alert you that deleting your account won’t erase your submit and comment history.
5. Enter Log-In Credentials
To delete your Reddit account, enter the username and account in the Username and Password boxes and make sure that you understand that deactivated accounts are not recoverable.
You will also have an option to leave a feedback comment but just forget about it if you prefer not to explain why you’re deleting your account. Once you’re set to go, tap the Deactivate button.
How to delete a Reddit Account on your Smartphone?
Do note: you can only delete your Reddit account on a web browser, meaning you can’t perform this on Reddit mobile application.
This is pretty much straightforward, and the steps are similar as mentioned above, but we wouldn’t want our readers left in the dark about this, so here we go.
Please bear in mind, again, that there is no such thing as temporarily deleting or disabling a Reddit account. So be careful before deleting your account to make sure you are not missing anything important.
- As the first step, open up a new tab and head over to reddit.com
2. Login to your Reddit account on any browser like, Chrome, Safari, etc.
3. Go to the settings by clicking the profile icon.
4. Go over to Account Settings under the Settings, just above the Log Out option You will be taken to another page, containing the details of your account, keep on scrolling.
5. At the end of the page you will find the option to deactivate your account. Once you click it, another pop-up will appear to provide your Reddit username and account in their respective places.
6. You will find an option to leave a feedback comment, but you can just leave it blank if you prefer not to explain why you’re deleting your account. Once you’re ready to proceed, tap the Deactivate button.
7. And there you go, You have finally deactivated your account, Well Done !
You’ll want to verify your choice, so press Deactivate once more to verify.
Your account might be completely deleted at this point. Like we stated earlier , this system is irreversible, so that you won’t be capable of repairing your account as soon as you’ve performed this. But if you are still persistent on wiping your presence out of Reddit, proceed at your own risk.
What happens to my Posts?
Any Reddit posts or comments you’ve made will continue to be as it’s a part of the Internet domain. They won’t have your Reddit username related to them, that’s all.
In Reddit-Speak, they end up “unattributed,” and that they won’t have any information about the writer of the content. Messages you’ve dispatched could additionally end up unattributed too.
- Select “Profile”.
- At the top of your page, click “Posts” to see your Reddit posts, or Click “Comments” to see your comments.
- Go through the lists of posts and comments to see which posts and comments you wish to remove. Just click the “…” button under that specific post or comment and go for that “Delete.” option.
And now your task is complete !
Well, that’s a wrap for this part of our How-to series.
Now, just so you know, the technicalities behind deactivation and deletion are different in every domain, they are both one and the same in the case of Reddit, but that can’t be put forth in the case of Facebook and other Social Media, as over there deactivation means a temporary break, where you can recover your account after a certain grace period, which works when you want to go for a short-term social media detox.
But Deletion would mean the complete abandonment of your social media profile, to completely forsake your presence in social media from that account.
Please visit back for more content, or read about some other tech-stuff over here.