Has it ever occurred to you, when you call someone after a few rings, the call drops off? But when you check your iphone call log, it will show as a “Canceled Call” Why is that?
Is it because the other end canceled your call? Or is it because the caller isn’t available to take your call? We will be discussing in this article more about the canceled call in an iPhone.
In specific scenarios, the other person might even say that they haven’t received any call. Let’s dig straight into the topic.
- Basics about a phone call in iPhone
- Reasons for Canceled call in iPhone.
- How to know if the caller rejected/blocked your call
- Some fun facts
Fun fact: Telecom providers consider drop call rate seriously. They try to keep DCR low to keep the customer happy and to keep low operational expenses.
Basics about a phone call in an iPhone
Let us take a peek at how a phone call works.
You can make a call with the help of a transmitter and a receiver built into your Cell phone. Radio transmitter converts your voice into radio waves, radio tower situated near your locality will help the radio waves to reach the destination by amplifying them. The receiver on the other end receives and decodes the signal, and the phone is notified, and voila!! Your phone is ringing. This is a simplified version.
Now you have understood the basics of making a phone call, now let us discuss our main topic.
Reasons for a Canceled Call in an iPhone
Keep your mind at ease. A canceled call on iPhone doesn’t always imply that the caller has canceled your call. It can also mean three things, such as:
- After a couple of rings, you have canceled your call.
- Call was dropped automatically
- Line Met the Cut-Off Limit
Fun fact: There are 1.7billion wireless mobile subscribers in India
Let’s look into each of the scenarios.
After a couple of rings, you have canceled your call
You might have been calling the user for quite a long time. But the other line is busy, or their phone might be on silent. You might have got frustrated, and you canceled your call. But when you check afterward, you will see the log written as a canceled call.
Call was dropped Automatically
This might happen when your cellphone signal is weak—few scenarios that can possibly cause calls to drop are as follows:
- Line of sight also matters for proper signal transmission. A weak signal means you might be far away from a phone tower that usually helps to amplify phone signals. Usually, a cellphone tower can handle calls up to a distance of 45 miles, that is 72kms! It means you are off to get a better signal when you’re on a ten-story building than on a metro station.
- When a tower is overloaded, this can happen when there is high traffic of phone calls. This can usually happen during game night, mass emergency, or festival season. The tower is designed to handle only several calls at a time. For example, 40 callers simultaneously. So if that value exceeds, then issues can arise.
- Few parameters affect your signal strength; rain is one of the factors. If it is showering outside, then the chances of a clear audible phone call are less. Signals don’t perform well in water. Even if the atmosphere is moist, more water vapor is retained, signal strength is affected.
So, these were the main three reasons for call drops. If other users say they did not received any calls, his network might have some issue. Signals get distracted by vapors present in the atmosphere.
Fun fact: 99% of malware is targeted at an Android phone.
Line Met the Cut-Off Limit
It all depends on your cell carrier, how they have set cut off for calls. Sometimes call get disconnected after 4-5 rings. Some carriers have set a time limit of 10-25 seconds. It depends from carrier to carrier.
Fun fact: We check our phones 110 times a day. Hmm!
Then customers do have an option to ask the carrier for a voicemail option. Users can instruct the number of times before the call goes to voicemail. Voicemail helps the user not miss any important information, and the caller can record their message and listen whenever he wants.
You Might Also Like | Why is Telegram Not As Popular As WhatsApp?
The carrier charges a nominal fee for this service, and the voice mail should be emptied regularly to record new voice mails.
How to Know if Caller Blocked Your Call?
Another possible reason is that when the person you are trying to reach has blocked you. I will explain how you can figure whether the user blocked or declined your call.
Can we figure it out just by the ring? No, we can’t be sure if the caller has blocked you through calls.
You Might Also Like | Why Does Tumblr Have a Bad Reputation?
As we are discussing iPhones, it’s pretty easy. Just send a text message to the person. If the message got delivered, that means you haven’t been blocked.
Fun fact: In 2012, apple sold 340,000 phones per day
If it is showing not delivered, the chances that you are blocked are high. But there is also a possibility that the other person’s iPhone is on a flight mode or in a non-network area. So repeat the text message after a day or so just to confirm.
Sorry Android users, for you to figure out is not that easy as Android users. We will discuss android block in a different article.
How to Figure if the Caller Rejected Your Call?
Since you are an iPhone user, if the calls directly go to voicemail after two rings, that means your phone has been declined. Even after the text SMS test, there is a fine line between whether the user has declined your call or has blocked you.
Fun fact: the first cellphone cost around 2500 pound.
Another possible scenario is the following conditions:
- Poor network conditions
- Airplane mood is on
- The phone is switched off
- They have activated “Do Not disturb.”
- Someone is also calling the same user at the same time.
These are the potential scenario where your phone log could suggest a call is canceled.
- If you have disconnected the call
- Issue with network
- You have been blocked
- The person you are trying to reach is busy.
I hope this article was helpful to you, see you soon with an exciting topic. Do check out the website for a more interesting topic.