In this article, we will be discussing how to access Snapchat history. Social media platform; Snapchat is gaining users day by day, and it does allow its users to share their life’s important moments, but most of the users aren’t aware of the fact that Snapchat does keep a record of user information such as the media, chat and notes shared within the application.
The unique selling proposition of Snapchat is that it allows the user to click photos and make them in the way the customer wants and post it. Another major highlight is that the content shared in the software tend to disappear after a while, which is the major reason why users believe the developers don’t keep a backup.
Fun fact: Snapchat has 210 million users worldwide.
Also read | What is Premium Snapchat and How To Sign Up?
Snap chat provides its users with certain settings for their content like they can set the time after which the content will be deleted, who can view the content, set privacy settings in comments, etc. Now, if you wish to see all photos you have shared on Snapchat, then this article would be helpful to you.
Fun fact: the majority of the users are of the age group 18-24.
How To Access Snapchat History?
You can request a copy of your Snapchat data both on your smartphone or a desktop computer. The process is pretty simple and it only involves a couple of steps. Follow the steps mentioned below to access your Snapchat History.
- Open Snapchat application on your phone or visit “Snapchat Account” if you are on a desktop computer
- Go to profile and click on Settings button on the right-hand-site upper corner.
- Scroll down to Privacy section and click on “My Data”
- Now you will be asked to enter your password, enter your password and click on Submit
- On the next window you will have to scroll down and click on “Submit Request”
- Finally you will see a message that says — “We’re preparing a copy of your data now. We’ll email you at youremailid.com when your data is ready to download!”
- Now you will have to wait for a couple of hours and Snapchat will email you a download link on your email id.
- For desktop users, once you login, click on “My Data” and click on “Submit request” on the next window. Rest of the steps remains the same.
Fun fact: The food chain group Taco Bell paid around 75,000$ to Snapchat just for 24hours of ads.
Now you must be wondering what all information can be downloaded. Well, here are some categories of data that are available for download.
Categories of Data You Can Download
- Login history
- User and public information
- Saved chat information
- Your search history
- Purchase history
- People who you have blocked
You have an option to stop the app from taking your information, and this is mainly done to give a better user experience (by customising the viewing content)
Fun fact: it is interesting to note that majority of the Snapchat users are females
If you were wondering about the time frame of recovering those requested Data is about 24hours; within 24 hours, the requested data would be sent to your registered mail address. In my case, I received the download link within 10 mins, this will depend on how active you are on Snapchat. Also, you can only access the Snapchat data of your profile, and you can’t request the data of a family member.
Also Read | How to Delete Snapchat Account?
We shall also see how to make certain changes to your profile
- Open snap chat through your PC or mobile
- Click on the profile icon, which will be seen on the top side of the profile
- Go to your settings which can be seen as the gear on top of the profile
Now, after this, you can make the necessary changes to your profile.
Let’s See Some Interesting History of Snapchat
Snapchat was developed by college students Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown in the year 2011 when the founders found a way to express photos with human emotions more effectively.
Also Read: Why Does Tumblr Have a Bad Reputation?
The main reason for developing such software is to give a new way to post short videos or photos with more editing options and getting disappear after a time. Starting small, now, Snapchat is sharing almost 20 million photos per day. If you haven’t tried Snapchat, it is never too late to check it out.
Snapchat provides its users with a unique experience to connect with their friends and family, but the data you share is somehow still stored by Snapchat.
Even though the company has good privacy and security features in place, data can be compromised at any given point, so it is better to be wary of sharing any sensitive content on the platform. This is applicable for any social media platform and not just Snapchat. This is all that is needed to know when it comes to downloading your Snapchat history.
I hope this article was helpful, and for any more query do comment below, and one of our teammates will help you out.
Do subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest information in the tech world. Stay safe. Check out the rest of the articles over here.