Samsung, Apple, Huawei are the leading phone manufacturers, and all these major phone brands have individualized user accounts. These accounts are for a better user experience and better integration with their services. The accounts creation do have its pros and cons of their own. Let’s see more about account-related content later.
When you buy a new phone and switch the smartphone on for the first time it would ask for “logging in “ options like- log in with its account or skip for now. The majority of the users would choose to skip due to time constraints or eagerness to check out the new phone.
But later when the user tries to use other advanced features in the phone they are required to log in with their respective mail id or phone account. In this article, We would be discussing particularly Samsung accounts, and why you should have them.
Now, are you the person who is in a dilemma whether to create a Samsung account or not? Then this article would help you in deciding.
Fun fact: Samsung has a ton of employees, it has over 236,000 staff.
Why Should You Have a Samsung Account?
Why should someone create a Samsung account? What are its benefits? Since these topics are interlinked I would be covering these together. many of the users would have created their accounts when they first brought android phones. certain users who are not interested in creating a Samsung account can log in using their google mail id.
Also Read: Is Huawei Better Than Samsung?
Fun fact: Samsung S3 sales reached 500 units per minute
Now coming to creating an account, it does have its pros and cons, and it is entirely your choice. It is not mandatory as such, so let’s check the benefits to help you decide.
Benefits of a Samsung Account
• It’s free,
• Data is secured when you link your data with your Samsung account, data logged in to your phone is backed up onto the Samsung cloud. So even if you lose your phone or anything else happens to your phone your data would be safe. For accessing the cloud user needs a Samsung account.
• Samsung pay is another great feature, this is helpful when your phone has NFC. Through this feature users can safely transfer money, No need to carry a purse or ATM card, your phone will act as your ATM card.
• Samsung Health is a health app widely used on Samsung watches that helps you keep track of your daily exercise and routine. It also tells how many hours of walk, sleep, cycling, heart rate, the user had. It also keeps track of your calories burnt and menstrual cycle in women.
• Samsung TV: the main highlight of the Samsung account, it comprises many entertainment programs free of cost. It can be used on the phone as well as on TV.
• Samsung rewards: well it is a bonus to your payments. When you make payments using Samsung pay reward points are received in exchange. These points can be used to buy vouchers at retail units.
• Find my mobile: this feature helps the user to find lost phones. And if you lose your phone or someone stole from you then through this feature you can lock your device and data stored in it. Also, you can erase all data if you feel that phone security has been compromised.
• Lock power off is a new addition that prevents the phone from switching off. This is helpful if you lose your phone and need to find it using a GPS signal.
Do I need a Samsung account if I have a Google Account?
Well, it is better to have a Samsung account if you are using a Samsung phone, all the extensive features are activated along with Samsung ID. Also, a Samsung account is needed for updating or downloading Samsung apps.
You always have an option to use platforms other than Samsung-approved apps, but the authenticity of such apps is not guaranteed. The security Samsung provides can’t be compared to any third-party products.
What if the user chose not to create a Samsung account
Samsung ecosystem is developed for a complete user experience and if the users chose not to opt for their account service then it would lag the user experience. Few features which are activated only if a user has a Samsung account are:
• One drive system of Samsung where all data is saved into the cloud
• Find my phone won’t work
• Samsung pass where details regarding user fingerprint and other confidential data are stored.
In short, the user experience would be limited if the user chose not to get a Samsung account with a Samsung phone.
Fun fact: the Samsung logo as we know came into existence in 1993. Before that two logos were there one in 1969 and 1980s
Also Read: How to connect Samsung Level U to PC?
How to Create a Samsung Account?
Creating a Samsung account is very easy if you have been using a Samsung phone and if you wish to create an account now then just follow the steps given
• On your smartphone, open settings inside you will find cloud and accounts
• Click accounts and you will find additional accounts, click on it
• Click Samsung accounts and click create account
• You are required to type in your mail id and password and click next.
• Agree to terms and conditions and voila your account is created.
Now let’s check Certain disadvantages of creating a Samsung account
• Users are supposed to share their personal information, Few users are quite sensitive about sharing personal data and for them, it would be difficult.
• Data backup would consume a lot of mobile data. So each time new data has to be uplinked, the personal mobile data limit is reduced. So, that can be inconvenient for certain users.
• Certain apps tend to run in the background, as you are aware running an application would consume drive C and this can make the system run slow.
How to backup your data Using Samsung Account?
Creating an account won’t alone do, you need to link the Samsung cloud to your device for the automatic uplink of data. You may follow the steps for linking.
• You need to open settings
• Click on cloud and accounts
• Inside click on Samsung cloud
• In the upper right-hand corner, you will find three dots click on that
• Click on settings
• Click sync settings
• You are required to select the items that need to be backed up.
Now your device is linked and data is safe.
How to delete your Samsung account?
An older generation of Samsung had the option of removing the account. Now it is not easy, deleting your Samsung account through the webpage. If you want to remove your Samsung account from your mobile you may follow the steps.
Go to settings -> click on accounts and backup -> select account inside-> when you scroll down you can find Samsung account details -> click and select personal information-> on the upper right-hand corner you can find three dots click on it-> on the upper right corner you will find the sign-out option -> click on it and mail verification is required to sign out of the device.
Delete your account using web
- Open the Samsung account page and login in with your credentials.
- Click on the profile containing your data
- Select account settings
- Below you can find the delete account, clicking would initiate your account deletion process.
What happens if I Delete my Samsung Account?
Well, deleting your Samsung account can delete your history, personal data, information stored linked to that account, subscription, and also purchase history. Once deleted the data can’t be retrieved. If you still wish to delete your account then the next topic would help you.
In this article, we have covered all aspects of creating a Samsung account, including its advantages and disadvantages. So I would suggest you create an account as it does come with a lot of benefits.
If you have any doubt regarding any process or a related topic, we are here to help you.
Check out the rest of the articles over here.
Reach out to the comment box and our team members will assist you. For the latest updates on technology do subscribe to our newsletter.